Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Winners 10/06/2015

Ok, I am late, but in all fairness these were some good stories and not to be decided on quickly. So without any further ado ...


Winner:

Martha BechtelNovember 4, 2015 at 6:32 PM 

I loved the theme. Beautifully written.

He’d joked, as they looked up at the stars and pledged their undying love, that if there was life after death he’d find a way to show her. Sentimental foolishness, she’d thought— until she’d laid him beside the others, beneath the evergreens that feasted on her harvest of lost souls.

Now the handprints were everywhere.

55 words
@MarthaBechtel


Overachiever:

 
Ghosts Great writing that incorporates all 3 prompts. I want him to turn around and find out what might be back there.

Always one step behind, I see hints of her passing. The pad of bare feet behind me tells me she is there, and I see her hand print in my life’s work I can’t look back.
If I were to turn around I’m afraid of what I might see, or worse, what I would not.

@mishmhem
55 words
#Flashdogs


Honorable Mention:
Maureen/EmyrldladyNovember 5, 2015 at 12:12 PM

How we love our rituals. Great use of the prompts!
 
It's a ritual, a superstition. Athletes always believe in that sort of thing.

He zigzagged bare footed along the path leading to the stadium, his hands touching the walls leaving prints in the cool dampness.

"Victory, triumph, win, power, strength." He murmured, a mantra repeating with as much faith and a nun with a rosary.

@emyrldlady
#55 word challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment