Friday, February 22, 2013

Winner 55 Word Challenge: Week Forty-Seven

Winner 55 Word Challenge:
Week Forty-Seven
 
 
HA! I’m on top of things this week and will not be making you wait to find out who won. Admittedly this wasn’t an easy decision, there were so many good stories. The ultra sound, by the way, is my son, Caleb. I found it humorous when Jeff says to me, “Does Kayla mind you using her picture for the contest?” I had to think for a minute, as my daughter’s friend just had a baby girl, (I am calling myself Grandma because this girl is like a daughter to me,) and then I’m like, “You don’t recognize your own son’s big head?” Funny stuff, lol.
Ok, on with the results…

Honorable Mentions:

@j_m_blackman: I really liked the set-up and the way you worked in all 3 prompts.
@LurchMunster: I look forward to seeing what you are going to do next in this continuing story. Loved it this week. J
@klingorengi: Jeff knows me all too well. He wove a story that is close to my heart.

Winner:

@bookwormattack: This story had a desperate feel to it. I was pulled into the anguish, the instinct for survival, followed by the despair at having left loved ones behind. Survival, but at what cost.
I watched my family die.
Watched them fall at the hands of the metal beasts ravaging their precious land.
I heard them cry out in terror and pain, saw them reaching for me in anguish. Calling for me. Pleading for help.
But I did not save them.
No.
I ran.
Like a coward.....I ran.

55 Words @bookwormattack
Ok, I would really love to have a guest judge next week and maybe some artwork contributed. If you are interested, please send me a DM, Inbox me or email me, jezri@writing.com. If all else fails, throw a brick. That usually gets my attention.
See you all next week and if you live anywhere that got a lot of snow or ice, stay safe and warm.
Check out this fun contest for kids. If you know a young writer, tell them about Kids Write, a new, weekly contest for the next generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment